NASE Blogs

If I live in TN and work in TN, MS, and NY, do I pay the state income taxes in MS and NY even though I don't live there?

Aug 11, 2009
If the income from the other states in indeed earned within that state then they will want their piece of the pie. You will need to file a non-resident income tax return in the other states and in effect pay their tax on the portion of your income earned within that state.