Expert Q&A

Members may ask a question online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Here is a selection of questions that members have generously agreed to share with their fellow small-business entrepreneurs.

Please Note: When asking, members may choose to share or not.

I run a payroll company and now offer a complete payroll package and issues checks for my clients. Who reports the taxes for the employees?

Business Law - May 13, 2021

Generally, payroll and tax reporting is very specialized and you need a clear written understanding with your clients of who is doing what. Even the words a "complete payroll package" might be misconstrued. The specific answers may depend on your state, and if you are at all unclear I would get direct advice from a tax or employment lawyer and your CPA.

NASE Members get access to all of our experts for only $120/year!

  • Small Business Locator
    Get Listed, Get Business
  • Self-Informed Subscription
  • Startup Kit
  • Member Pricing in Our Store
  • Subscriptions to our Publications
    OutFront Weekly/Washington Watch
  • NASE Member Badge
  • Business Learning/Resource

Meet Our Experts
Social Media
Information Technology
Real Estate
Marketing & Advertising
Finance / Accounting
Marketing 101
Business Law
Sales Tax
Business Strategy
Grants & Scholarships
Business to Business Leads
Database Management

Courtesy of